During the funeral of our beloved father, His Holiness Pope Shenouda III, one of the bishops read the following last words of a departed patriarch to all his children. These are words of comfort and encouragement to all of us.
I am your father and teacher. All of you my children, listen to my commandments.
- I ask you my beloved children; preserve and look after the faith of the Holy Trinity.
- I ask you my beloved children; love one another with a true love.
- I ask you my beloved children, do good with all humanity.
- I ask you my beloved children; do not let the world deceive you.
- I ask you my beloved children; do not fall short or “be not eager” in the service of the Lord.
- I pray for you my beloved children; pray without ceasing fervently.
- I pray for you my beloved children; preserve your tongues from causing any division.
- I pray for you my beloved children; preserve the Holy Baptism that was granted to you.
- I pray for you my beloved children; preserve your body pure for the Lord.
- I pray for you my beloved children; do not ever let your lamp weaken without light.
- I pray for you my beloved children; preserve the commandments that God gave to you.
- I pray for you my beloved children, that the fear of God be within you.
السيد المسيح لم يضيع وقته في مقاومة أخطاء زمنه..
لم ينفق فترة تجسده على الأرض صراعا مع المخطئين ومشاكل المجتمع والكنيسة، إنما اهتم بالبناء بإرساء مبادئ جديدة وإعداد أشخاص يؤمنون بها وينشرونها في كل مكان.
وفى هذا الصراع يبدد وقتك وجهودك وأعصابك.
وفى خلع الزوان أيضاً قد تفقد سلامك الداخلي وربما سلامك مع الناس أيضاً إذ تحيا في صراع.
وهكذا تفقد هدوءك وصفاءك وربما تفقد وداعتك أيضاً. وقد تدخلك المشاكل في جو من الاضطراب ومن الخلافات التي لا تنتهى والتي تثيرك وتحيطك بالانفعال الدائم.
وقد يوصلك كل هذا إلى قساوة القلب..
باستمرار تدين الناس المخطئين، ثائراً على ما فيهم من أخطاء بحجة خلع الزوان منهم، وباستمرار تكون في ضجيج وقد يرتفع صوتك على الناس وتنتهر وتوبخ وتنفث التهديدات وتكون متبرما بكل شيء..
وفى كل هذا قد تفقد محبتك للناس، وتفقد اتضاعك، وفيما تخلع الزوان من الناس تكون قد خلعت الحنطة التي فيك وينظر إليك الناس فيرونك مثل الزوان في كل شيء..
قليلون هم الذين يستطيعون أن يخلعوا الزوان وفي نفس الوقت يحتفظون بحنطتهم . لذلك حسناً منع الرب أولاده من خلع الزوان لئلا يخلعوا معه الحنطة.
- Remember your weakness, then you will be more cautious and you will submit to the thoughts of pride and false glory which may attack you. Remember the loving kindness of the Lord bestowed on you and you will always lead a life of thanksgiving. Faith will grow in your heart as well as trust in God’s love and work. Your past experiences with God would encourage you in the life of faith. Remember People’s love and their past good experiences with you. Should you doubt their sincerity or find out they have wronged you, Their old love will intercede and your anger will fade away. Remember death, so all wordily temptations will disappear and you feel that, ” All is vanity and grasping for the wind.” (Eccl. 1:14.) Remember that you are standing before God and He is looking at you, then you cannot sin because you see Him. Remember God’s promises and you will be comforted in all your troubles. But if you forget them, say with David the Prophet, “Remember the word to Your servant, Upon which You have caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction, For Your word has given me life.” (Ps 119:49-50) Remember the Blood of Jesus which was shed for your sake and you will definitely know the value of your life; it becomes dear in your eyes, so you will not waste it with prodigal living, ” For you were bought at a price;”. 1 Cor 6:20 Remember the vows you made to God at the Baptistery with your parents undertook on your behalf to renounce the devil, all his evil deeds, all his thoughts and wiles, all his forces and power. Remember always that you are a stranger on the earth and that you will return to your heavenly home. Then you will not put all your hopes in this world and its comforts. Remember That the narrow gate leads to the kingdom of heaven. If you see the wide gate open before you, escape and keep away from it. As all those who went into it perished. Remember your eternity and work for it at all times. Remember that you are a child of God and ought to have His image. You walk as befits the Children of God, for they are apparent. Remember that you are the temple of the Holy Spirit. Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God in you and always be a holy temple. HH Pope Shenouda III
- “The Christian does not think that God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us” C.S. Lewis
- I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else. C. S. Lewis
- Relying on God has to begin all over again every day as if nothing had yet been done. C.S. Lewis
- Although our feelings come and go, God’s love for us does not. C.S. Lewis
- The waiting man gets the wind behind him. So stop rushing into things and plan properly in order to be successful.